Competitive businesses need a system that communicates compensation plans efficiently, handles disputes effectively, and provides clear dashboards and reports for sales operations and sales managers. These tools help keep sales representatives happy, resulting in lower employee turnover and providing the sales force with clear direction at every step.
Limitations of a Manual Sales Incentive Plan Distribution Process
The Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) statement distribution process at many organizations typically starts with a template for the various business units. The template is then manually adjusted to suit the specifics of different plan participants. Some businesses may create spreadsheets, portals or databases to warehouse plan document data for some level of automation. Once the statement documents are created, they are manually sent for managerial approval through email and ultimately sent manually to the sales reps as part of onboarding or plan changes.
While the manual process might work at first, it isn’t efficient. Manual plan management has many opportunities for errors and can cause disputes that are difficult to track and audit.
SAP Offers Several Solutions to Automate Sales Incentive Statement Distribution
With the acquisition of CallidusCloud, SAP now offers a broad range of solutions for sales operations.
Setting up Sales Incentive Plans Using SAP Commissions
When helping clients evaluate or implement SAP solutions, we first look at SAP Commissions. With SAP Commissions, you can easily manage common plan elements, including:
- participant data such as quota and territory
- payout data such as credits, measurements, incentives, deposits and payments
SAP Commissions offers many features including an intuitive user interface, real-time performance and payment data, and traceability for quickly resolving disputes.
Customizing Complex Sales Incentive Plans with SAP Workflow
If you need to set up a specific structure or require more customization, SAP offers more flexibility by integrating SAP Commissions with SAP Workflow. One of the most robust workflow offerings on the market amongst ICM products, SAP Workflow excels at handling highly complex workflows.
SAP Workflow is extremely flexible and provides many capabilities that enrich SIP automation. With SAP Workflow, Commissions owners can
- Streamline and customize dynamic content with any connected databases or custom tables by combining the document template with HTML and control flow statements
- Export to all common formats such as PDF, XML, DOC, DOCX, TXT, and XLSX
- Optimize plan distribution and dispute resolution by configuring workflow actions and workflow statuses
- Configure out-of-the-box fields/tables that are integrated with the Commissions backend database
- Offer extended capabilities to administrators, including:
- User management (accessibility, user organizations)
- SLA definition and management
- Workflow management – the Workflow Transition Matrix allows for configuration of the full life cycle of a workflow
- Security features such as data blocking and purging
- Equip developers with many tools, including:
- Highly customizable tables, actions, statuses, and parameters which then can be used by administrators to create customized workflows
- SSO integration
- Scripting (with Groovy) for customized processes (e.g. exception handling)
- An API which enables third-party collaboration.
By evaluating the business processes that drive your Sales Incentive Plan, Intangent can determine the best SAP solution for your needs. Our consultants have helped sales organizations achieve sales performance excellence through expert planning, implementation, and management of their SAP sales performance technology solutions.
Want to learn more how Intangent can help with your SAP Commissions solution? Subscribe to our blogs or contact one of our specialists today!